Tuesday, June 17, 2008

31-Week Ultrasound


We had our 31 week ultrasound today, and it was truly incredible!
This is literally what our son’s face looks like and will look like at birth. I think it’s Brad’s face! We have SO MANY pictures that our doctor took, only because she kept saying over and over again that in all of the time that she’s been taking ultrasound pictures, she’s never been able to take such great shots (she even printed some out to keep for her office). He just kept posing for the camera (ahem…reminds me of my dad, or wait, is that me…). The ultrasound started with him sleeping, and then yawning as he woke up, sometimes making a sour face like he was crying or tasted something funny. He was sucking on his hand to soothe himself in some shots. Every now and then there would be a little smile too. It was wild, how clear the whole thing was.

He has turned already so that’s good. He’s already 4 pounds. An “average” 31-week old baby is 3.5 pounds, so my books say, but who knows. He will be a good sized baby. I asked the doctor what sort of estimate she could give on his size at birth, and she said “definitely over 7.5 pounds”. YIKES! He already looks so chubby!

I just can't believe that this little tiny baby is in my belly. Here I am, also at the 31-week mark:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there...Angie's friend Eva here. Your little guy looks so cute in those first portrait shots. You look pretty cute too, which should not be allowed at 31 weeks! Think of what the rest of us have endured!

Brad and Melissa Mellette said...

THANKS Eva! Although I don't know about the looking cute part :). But my son is pretty adorable! I'll take that! We've heard a lot of great things about you. We definately have to meet. Wait, don't you have a blog yourself?! I want the link. Send it my way.